Oneplus, a company to introduce the new era of the flagship killer is known to launch an improved of its first half’s smartphone with the word ‘T.’ Like all the past year, we knew after the launch of OnePlus 7 Pro we can expect OnePlus 7T. And guess what! We were right.
OnePlus launched its 7T variant on this Friday in India.
We would be discussing five reasons why you should buy OnePlus 7T.
5 Reasons Why you should buy OnePlus 7T
Display and Build
With the matte-frosted glass back panel, the smartphone is much slimmer than the previous generation. OnePlus 7T comes with a 90Hz Fluid AMOLED display. First and back glass surrounds the OnePlus 7T mentioned on paper to be Gorilla glass with a classy aluminum frame.
Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen feels almost refreshing and way more comfortable to use every day. I must admit that at first, the 20:9 aspect ratio seems odd, but you will soon get used to it. Being HDR10+ certified also means movies and TV shows look fantastic from all angles.
OnePlus 7T comes with three sensors with 48-megapixel primary camera, 117-degree wide-angle camera, and a telephoto camera. With the key features like Dual-LED flash, HDR, and panorama, the camera also offers hybrid image stabilization, fusing the EIS and OIS prowess.
Enhanced macro photography is also a new thing. Videos up to 2160p 60fps are supported with this phone. And for the selfie lovers, 16 MP is a big reason to love this phone.
Software and Processor
OnePlus 7T comes with faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor. Snapdragon 855+ is an overclocked version of Snapdragon 855 that now goes up to 2.96Ghz. Bigger changes lie in the GPU with Qualcomm claiming a 15% performance upgrade on the Adreno 640.
OnePlus 7T is going to be one of the first non-Google smartphones to offer Android 10 out-of-the-box. Improved privacy controls, gesture navigation, and system-wide dark theme are some of the new features that come with the new Oxygen OS. With the better location controls allowing users to keep track of apps that are accessing your data in the background, we can expect the beast to burn the smartphone market.
Better battery and charging
90 HZ display is good but costs faster battery drain. So, to reduce battery drain issues, we see a bump from a 3,700 to 3,800mAh battery. You will surely get a day of solid usage out of the OnePlus 7T and maybe a little headroom to spare on top.
Being able to get nearly 70 percent battery in just 30 minutes still blows my mind even though there is slightly faster-charging tech out there.
The phone will be available in a Frosted
Silver, as well as a Glacier Blue variant. Meanwhile, India gets a variant with
256GB of storage whereas OnePlus is aiming for 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage
in most markets.
OnePlus 7T is priced at Rs 37999 for the 8GB/128GB variant and Rs 39999 for the 8GB/256GB variant in India.
In Nepal, we expect the price of the phone to be around NPR 60,000-65,000.
Oneplus 7T Specifications:
- Display – Fluid AMOLED Display
- Resolution – 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Dimension – 160.9 x 74.4 x 8.1 mm (6.33 x 2.93 x 0.32 in)
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass
- Platform – Android 10.0; OxygenOS 10
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- CPU – Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU – Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Storage – 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, UFS3.0
- Primary Camera – 48 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide) , 12 MP, f/2.2, 51mm (telephoto) , 16 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide)
- Front Camera – 16 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide)
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery
- Charging – Fast battery charging 30W (Warp Charge 30T)
- USB Type – 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Headphone Jack – No
- Colors – Frosted Silver, Glacier Blue
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Sensors – Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Main–Highlight – Warp Charge 30T, Android 10 out of the box
Well, that’s it for now. Make sure you stay tuned as we’ll be publishing reviews and news of the technology world.