AirPods Pro is truly a game-changer. No one expected the launch of AirPods Pro, however, Apple surprised us with this new AirPods Pro or simply AirPods 3rd generation.
Buying a $200+ AirPods Pro in Nepal, is it a treat or trick? So, for you, we took the risk, and you read it right; we bought them. We spent a good one month with the AirPods and can now guide you with our experience. Spoiler Alert! They are damn good.
Design: Is it just a Bellsprout?
If you are looking for something that stands out in public than you can buy it. AirPods Pro really got some unique design. Trolled to look like a pokemon (Bellsprout), they don’t bad but they got some unusual design. With those AirPods, it’s case also received some major change and is still small and we felt it easy to carry.
Sound Quality: Is that the best?
A custom-built high-excursion, low-distortion driver delivers powerful bass. A remarkably efficient high-dynamic-range amplifier produces pure, amazingly clear sound while also extending battery life. And Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to suit the shape of your ear for a rich and compatible listening experience.
Comfortability: Are they comfortable?
In 3 different sizes, AirPods Pro will offer users alternatives to ear pads to suit each individual. With a new design that uses silicone earpads, Apple has solved the size problem that fits the user’s ears. In previous AirPods, Apple used the same hard plastic Ear-Buds design language as its previous wired headphones. Thus, preventing all those ear pain problems, you can enjoy a good sound experience.
To prevent pressure in-ear, Apple equipped air vents to maintain our comfortability. This is also a good step.
Battery: Hope it won’t run out fast.
The case charges via Qi wireless charging or Apple’s exclusive Lightning cable. The AirPods Pro offers more than four hours of continuous listening with noise-canceling active and charges in the case about five times, with a total playtime of more than 24 hours.
While good, rivals such as the Track Air+ last for about six hours between charges with noise canceling on. Four hours is certainly good enough for general wearing and commuting but not for long trips. It’s easy to blame the drain of the AirPods Pro’s battery on their noise-canceling, but even with cancellation off, they only jump up to the previous AirPods with 5 hours of listening time. Their closest noise-canceling rival, Sony’s WF-1000XM3, offer more listening time per charge while noise canceling is engaged, and up to 8 hours of listening time without it.
Special Feature Water Resistance
- Active Noise Cancellation: We live in a country where noise is like a part of our daily life. So, targeting the day to day noises, Apple updated the AirPods with Noise Cancellation feature. AirPods Pro block out your environment so you can focus on what you’re listening to. It silences the world to keep you fully tuned in to your music, podcasts, and calls.
- Transparency mode: This feature allows you to hear and interact with your surroundings. You can always switch to Transparency mode and AirPods Pro let outside sound in.
- Command Siri: Apple’s H1 chip allows for seamless integration with Siri, which means you can add things to your list, manage your calendar, make calls, send texts, and much more, all without lifting a finger.
- Water Resistance: AirPods Pro is completely sweat-resistant so they’ll stay comfortably in your ear and won’t frizz out regardless of how hard you go.
Do Read: 1 Month With The iPhone 11 Pro in Nepal
Price and Availability
About the pricing, Airpods Pro is currently available in the US and other 25 countries at the price of $249. Clearly, Nepal is not included in the list and we have to wait a bit long for the launch of Airpods Pro in Nepal.
For now, some stores are selling the Apple AirPods Pro with the price of NPR 38,000/- Do comment if you need some help with buying the Apple AirPods in Nepal
Sure, they’re expensive, and they don’t quite reach the excellent audio highs of Sony’s WF-1000XM3 while letting a little more chatter through the noise canceling. But they’re tiny by comparison, more comfortable to wear and have a case you can fit in the money pocket of your jeans – a convenience that simply can’t be underestimated.
In a country like Nepal where people even bargain for the simplest things, there also live some groups of so-called “Apple Loyal Buyers”. For them, the deal is ok. Nevertheless, in our opinion, if you have an AirPods 2nd generation with you, buying AirPods Pro in Nepal is not a smart job.
great noise canceling
sweat-resistant, seamless connection between multiple Apple devices
good call quality
no on-earbud volume control
no settings on Android/Windows
not repairable, stalks
only available in white
Apple AirPods Pro Specifications
- Dimension (AirPods): 1.22 x 0.86 x 0.94 inches (H x W x D); 5.4 grams; Each
- Dimension (Charging Case): 1.78 x 2.39 x 0.85 inches (H x W x D): 45.6grams
- Chip: H1-based System in Package
- Sensors: Dual beamforming mics; Inward-facing mic; Dual optical sensors; motion-detecting accelerometer; Speech-detecting accelerometer; Force sensor
- Audio: Active Noise Cancellation; Transparency Mode; Adaptive EQ; Custom high-excursion Apple driver; Custom high dynamic range amplifier; Vent system for pressure equalization
- Controls: Force Sensor; Tap once to play, twice to skip forward, thrice to skip backward, and tap and hold to toggle between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Sweat and Water Resistance: Yes, IPX4 rating
- Battery & Charging: Single charge – Up to 4.5 hours; With Case – Up to 24 hours; Charge via a Lightning connector or Qi-certified chargers