If you own the Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29/L09) variant, now it’s the perfect time to consider a software update, as the Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware B200 is now available for the Chinese manufacturer’s handset.
The ROM comes with the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and it’s based on the EMUI 4.0 OS, so if you want to flash it on your phone, everything you need to do is follow our instructions below!
Firmware information before proceeding to the installation, here are some details about the firmware itself:
Huawei Mate 8 Firmware Details
- Device – Huawei Mate 8
- Model – NXT-L09 & NXT-L29
- Android Version – 6.0
- EMUI Version – 4.0
- Firmware – B200
- Build Number – NXT-L09C185B200/NXT-L29C185B200/NXT-L29C185B211/NXT-L29C185B119
- Region – Middle East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.5 GB
- In order to be able to install it, you need to be on stock firmware and have a stock recovery installed.
- The updating process may erase your data, so our recommendation is to take a complete backup of your data before starting.
- Make sure that your battery level is around 50-60%, so you can prevent accidental shutdown.
- Follow all the instructions below, otherwise, you risk damaging your phone.
Download Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29/L09) Marshmallow firmware B200
Download For NXT-L09 Model –
Download For NXT-L29 Model –
Step 1: Download Huawei Mate 8 Marshmallow firmware and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and put the update.app file there.
Step 3: Go to your phone’s Settings menu, tap Update and then press the menu button.
Step 4: Select Local update.
Step 5: Your phone will show the update.app, so tap on it, in order to begin the installation process.
Step 6: After everything is completed (it shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes) reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download the suitable firmware for your phone, using the links provided above, at Step 1.
Step 2: Create the dload folder in the root of your microSD card and copy the update.app file over there.
Step 3: Turn off your Mate 8.
Step 4: Press Volume Up + Volume Down + the Power Button, in order to start the updating process automatically.
Step 5: Wait for your phone to complete the update. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to install Marshmallow Firmware B200 for Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29/L09). If you have any questions or deal with issues, contact us using the comments section below!